About United Kingdom
United Kingdom is the most popular study destination in the world because of it’s modern & conducive learning environment and quality of education that provide a vibrant, creative and challenging environment to develop versatility in your attitude . UK qualifications are recognized and respected throughout the world. It‘s flexible education system suits all streams of students and gives countless carrier opportunities worldwide. Excluding quality of education you will explore diversity in culture, warm welcome and much more.
Reasons for study in the UK
- International acceptance: In this competitive world, it is necessary to have a degree which is acceptable worldwide. A degree that you gain from an UK university will be recognized internationally by universities, employers and government bodies.
- Good quality of Education: The Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) is responsible for teaching quality and general facilities of all universities and colleges.
- Renowned for research: The UK is one of the largest manufacturing economies in the world, and at least 40 per cent of the UK service sector is based on science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Academic Courses: The UK education system offers innumerable courses, out of which you can choose course of your interest and stream accordingly.
- Work Placements: Many UK courses offer work placements as part of these programme and part time job opportunities, which helps you to improve work proficiency.
- Affordable: Undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered in UK are generally much shorter than other, which results in lesser tuition fees and living costs.
- Business language: As a non-native speaker, you have an opportunity to improve your language skills while working and studying in UK.
- Multi-Cultural Society: Studying in UK is an opportunity to experience a multicultural environment, meet new people and fellow international students from across the world and discover new places that will develop a range of skills in you which is necessary to be part of today's global workforce.
UK Education system has a global reputation for quality assured education with broad range of subjects. The UK government held strict education standards on all universities & colleges. Surrounding of UK definitely, motivate and encourage you to perform well in chosen subject.
The quality of a university's or college’s teaching and its general facilities are assessed by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). Research standards are examined by the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), which publishes its findings every five years. The education system differs slightly in the all four countries of UK i.e, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
UK universities and colleges gives you combined knowledge of practical learning with lectures and seminars, they encourage you to asks questions, debate and generate new ideas.
Study option in United Kingdom
The UK traditionally offers 3-year undergraduate degrees and 1-year master’s programme and for non-native speaker who needs to improve their English or meet conditional offer agreements, foundation courses and English language schools will help to achieve your target. There are so many courses offers by UK education system as follows:
Degree, Certificate, Diploma in any stream- Engineering, Science, Math & Technology, Business & Management, Health & Medicine, Architecture, Law & Legal Studies, Language & Literature, Arts & Social Sciences, Education, Nursing, Fine Arts & Fashion Studies, Journalism & Communication, Sports & Physical Sciences, Divinity/Community, Languages program and many more.
|Higher Education||Pre-university Study||English Language Study||Vocational Study|
| || || || |
Living in United Kingdom
There are wide varieties of safe and modern accommodation offered to students in UK, you need to choose from them.
- On Campus - Most UK universities offer places for new students in their halls of residence. Halls can vary from single rooms with shared kitchen and living areas, to self-contained studios.
- Off Campus – Many Students choose off campus option (Private, ranted accommodation) as they want to explore their life beyond the campus.
- Home Stay – home stay is an option where you live with a UK family in their home. It will be a great opportunity to experience UK culture.
Estimated living costs
The cost of living can vary greatly depending on your lifestyle, budget and spending habits. You can consider a part-time job while studying in the UK to help pay off any loans or to cover your basic needs.
|Level||Estimated living costs (£)|
|Undergraduate 40 weeks||7000-9000|
|Postgraduate 52 weeks||9000-11000|
Visa in United Kingdom
Once you choose the study programme, you need to check, eligibility criteria, entry date, application deadlines and English language requirements. The main intake is in September each year, apart from this there are fewer January intakes available in some universities. If you wish to begin your course in September, keep in mind that the application deadline is in June, so make sure you have submitted all your application documents.
Another thing to remember is that most courses have their own language requirements, so you may have to show evidence of your language skills. The preferred English language test is IELTS, and you can find course related detail information from your chosen university website.
For more info visits: UK Government Border Agency
Before You Leave
When you are going to pack your luggage for UK studies, there are so many things which you need to remember. It will make the things easier where the place you will be staying.
Make sure that :
- you have accepted their offer of a place.
- Passport with valid visa stamped
- Financial documents.
- Prescriptions for necessary medicines by doctor.
- Medical And insurance Letter.
- Find out your Baggage regulations before you start packing
- Check all required Documents.